Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ina's Slow-Cooked Scrambled Eggs with Green Herbs


I haven't posted an egg recipe in quite some time, so here's one that I really enjoyed.
This brunch is simple to make and uses up some of the fresh herbs I've been getting from my CSA and garden. I followed Ina's instructions and added the herbs off-heat. Next time, and there will be a next time, I may add a little bit of goat cheese. But even without the cheese, these eggs are delicious. Temperature is key -- these are slow cooked-- something far too many restaurants mess up. It takes a few minutes so don't rush. You'll be glad you took the time.
You can serve this with some fresh butter bread (toasted), but I served this with a salad using ingredients from our CSA including green lettuce, red leaf lettuce and a variety of heirloom tomatoes. It was delicious and a great way to start off the morning...

Slow-Cooked Scrambled Eggs with Green Herbs 
Serves 4
Ingredients
   10 extra-large eggs
   6 tablespoons whole milk or half-and-half
   1 teaspoon kosher salt
   1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
   2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
   1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
   1 tablespoon minced scallions, white and green parts
   1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
Directions
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saute or omelet pan. Add the eggs and cook them over low heat, folding them over almost constantly with a rubber spatula, until the desired doneness. Off the heat, add the remaining tablespoon of butter, the parsley, scallions, and dill. Stir until the butter is melted. Check for seasonings. Serve hot.
Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Soft scrambled eggs its make easy and this information is very helpful me. I have to say that for the last few of hours i have been hooked by the impressive articles on this website. Keep up the wonderful work and if you want more info about this topic then visit how to make scrambled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very impressive and informative blog. I wish you the Best of luck in your endeavors. Thank you for sharing
    Herbal Incense

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this article with us. It has really helped me a lot to build more backlinks for my website. buy spice online

    ReplyDelete